Breast implant removal is a surgical procedure that removes saline or silicone implants from the breast tissue. This procedure is often desired if the patient no longer wants them or if they are causing problems.
Many patients also frequently opt for breast implant removal due to scar tissue that has stiffened around the breast implants.
Why Are Breast Implants Removed?
Breast implants do not last forever, which is why you should get new ones at least every ten years. If you are not experiencing any side effects or complications, it may not be advised that you get them removed.
Some people choose to have their breast implants removed due to noticeable changes in their breasts. Changes in the breast may be seen as a result of:
- Changes in weight
- Nursing or breastfeeding
Who Should Have Their Breast Implants Removed?
Removal of breast implants may be medically essential. The most frequent reason to have implant removal is scar tissue hardening around the implants. Capsular contracture is the term for this hardening. It can result in pain, discomfort, or breasts that appear different than they did previously.
You may also want your implants removed if:
- The implant has moved.
- The implant has leaked.
- Calcium has accumulated around the breast implant.
- You have cancer due to the development of scar tissue.
What Happens Prior to the Removal of a Breast Implant?
Your cosmetic surgeon will provide you with explicit instructions to help you prepare for breast implant removal. You may be required to:
- Stop smoking at least a month before the surgical procedure.
- Anti-inflammatory medications and specific herbal supplements, for example, should be avoided because they increase the risk of bleeding.
- Change your current medications or begin new meds.
Breast implant removal in Newport beach is typically performed as an outpatient procedure, which means you can return home the same day. You’ll need to plan your return home transportation ahead of time.
What Happens When a Breast Implant Is Removed?
On surgery day, an anesthesiologist will give you medicine to keep you numb during the procedure. This could be either general anesthesia or IV sedation.
During the procedure, your surgeon will do the following:
- Your cosmetic surgeon will make a small cut around the darker skin circle around your areola. Sometimes it is even made beneath the inframammary fold.
- Breast implants as well as scar tissue will be removed.
- New breast implants will be placed in the breast tissue, if you desire to replace the old ones.
- Sutures, skin adhesives, or tapes will be used to seal the surgical site.
What You Should Expect After Recovery
Following surgery, you will be given specific recovery instructions. Your cosmetic surgeon will tell you:
- How to take care of your surgical incisions
- Tasks in which you are not permitted to participate
- What medications should be taken
- When you should visit your plastic surgeon after your procedure
To reduce swelling, you may want to wear a compression garment for a few weeks. Drains may also be situated beneath your skin to get rid of any excess fluid. They may typically remain in place for at least ten days or sometimes more.
What Are the Benefits of Removing Breast Implants?
There are a few advantages to having breast implants removed. Having the surgery may have an impact on:
- Breast implants can make it difficult to visualize breast tissue explicitly on an x-ray. However, without implants, it will make it easier to see the results.
- If you have stiff scar tissue, withdrawing implants can provide near-instant relief. Large implants may be removed to alleviate pain in the back or neck.
- Extracting implants eliminates the possibility of an implant rupture.
Breast implant removal is the best option for women who have ruptured implants or no longer want them. It is also appropriate for those who want new ones or have scar tissue that is causing pain. Contact your cosmetic surgeon for more information on breast implant removal.
The post Breast Implant Removal Will Instantly Get Rid of Pain appeared first on Top.me.